Our group practice is led by Dr. Nelson Byrne, Psychologist. Our work is guided by the most current psychotherapy research, and we use therapy techniques that have been shown to be the most effective in treating the specific presenting problem.
Some of the typical problems we address are listed below. If your specific issue is not shown, please give us a call and ask -- this is a partial list and we help clients with many other problems.
MANAGING LIFE CHALLENGES
Sometimes life happens. Meeting with a skilled therapist can help you strengthen your coping skills and get you back on track.
- Work-related stress / other stressors
- Significant losses
- Relationship conflict or divorce
- Coping with serious illness
In any given year, 1 in 5 Canadians experiences a mental health or addiction problem. By the time Canadians reach 40 years of age, 1 in 2 will have – or have had – a mental health problem. Anxiety disorders and depression are among the most common.
- Generalized Anxiety
- Panic Disorder and/or Agoraphobia
- Social Anxiety
- Post-Traumatic Stress
- Specific Phobias
- Health Anxiety
- Major Depression
- Bipolar Disorder
- Persistent Depressive Disorder (Dysthymia)
OTHER DISORDERS / PROBLEMS
- Difficulty sleeping / Insomnia
- Adult ADHD (Attention Deficit-Hyperactivity Disorder)
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Hair Pulling / Trichotillomania
- Skin Picking / Excoriation
- Substance Use Disorder
- Gambling Disorder
- Internet Gaming Disorder
- Grief / Complicated Grief
- Personality Difficulties
Ever felt like you’re doing OK, but think if you could only [insert self-improvement goal here], things would be so much better? We can help you get there.
- Become more assertive
- Adopt healthy lifestyle habits
- Improve your self-esteem / self-confidence
- Learn better problem-solving skills
- Learn to resolve conflicts
- Learn to make better decisions
- Lose weight
- Quit smoking